Monday, June 9, 2014

I've been to CA before. I've been to CO. And Texas.  But the part of the country we drove into today was a first for me and did not disappoint.  West Texas and SW New Mexico are fascinating and so unique. Granted, we experienced unusually nice weather in both places (although I really did want to feel the 108 degree to say I did), but we had a great day.

We had talked about Carlsbad caverns for so long that it had become just a spot on the trip map. When we actually saw the mountains and then the cave we realized it was well worth the spot. We chose to walk in the natural entrance even though that was an hour hike going down very steeply.  Very glad we did.






Quote of the day: "Be careful not to cross into the houses!" - Evan, as we were leaving his driveway.

2 comments: